The doctor at the hospital told him grim news,
he hadn´t long to live. Outside the day looked
brighter than before what he had noticed
he now saw and deeply regretted his blindness.
Bought a packet of cigarettes, and since he was
dying anyway health didn´t matter anymore.
In a shop he bought a silk rope, long and strong,
he always liked silk it was so soft on the touch.
Home he made a noose, put it around his neck
climbed up on a table and fastened the rope to
a roof beam. The mobile phone rang, it was
the doctor who was sorry, there had been a mix
up with the papers, he was not going to die after
all, elated he jumped off the table and….
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Misunderstanding by oskar hansen )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner