The Monologue I
Sometimes when I look
into a mirror,
I am the most handsome man
in the world.
Other times I do gaze and gaze
and all I could see
is a creative mistake.
I will try to run to the past
and take a nostalgic pill for happiness;
my bests betray me.
It is that moment I know my mood is doomed.
So I have come to realize
that the mind has power:
It can re- create.
But the mind cannot overpower the mood;
the mood is Man
and Man makes the mood.
Make my mood the most handsome man.
ADEWUMI JOSHUA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Monologue I by ADEWUMI JOSHUA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Aimee, Omar Eldamsheety
- Nothing is there to fight for, gajanan mishra
- Bleeding Rain, Lalitha Narayanan
- The Dark Side of Moon, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Utopia, oskar hansen
- The Face of Love, Lalitha Narayanan
- holiday cruise, lee fones
- Himalayas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Steeler Rocky Bleier, Richard Thripp
- To Be A Boy Again, Paul Gerard Reed