The Oh So Pleasant Dick From the Neighborhood Association
Even without a clipboard there was
that hint of officialdom at the front door,
Looking past me at the unopened boxes
Smiling as if someone had told him to.
The pamphlet said welcome but was mostly
rules about allowable colors and cars. Cars?
Was this a horrible mistake
or should I maintain a positive
attitude about the inevitable chafing?
He could have been from the local lynch mob.
We prefer not to use the word “lynch, ” he said.
Michael Philips's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Oh So Pleasant Dick From the Neighborhood Association by Michael Philips )
- Uninvited sorrow, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Vermilion Tears, Foster Teegarden
- whatt is life, akash mazumdar
- Today the boy I am, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- some time love is like, akash mazumdar
- One night will come, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Brush Spit Rinse Repeat, Foster Teegarden
- I Am going now, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Goals, douglas scotney
- The Amateur Poet Drives to his First Poe.., Daniel Brick
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)