C H Sund
The Old Warrior, dode
For thirty days his body fought
bribes many, temptations spurned
the warrior had simply chosen
his final act of courage
The end came in the night.
The gentle hand that led him forth
to lands where soldiers dwell
left his mask of death…at peace
Buried with honors, the guns did sound.
Respects were paid, off sped the lives
Then the final bookend of life did come
neatly printed and parchment too
Computers require their labels neat.
Dementia, progressive, reason given
Those that knew, knew this not true
for the old warrior had chosen…
His final act of courage.
C H Sund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Old Warrior, dode by C H Sund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<<<<<, , , Hope, Abdul Wahab
- broken freinship, Ewa Busayourmi
- Roll With It, Ima Ryma
- If I Tell You Your Own Bad Feelings, Shalom Freedman
- An ode to God's beauty, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Someone Like You...., cheryl pires
- Dear you..., cheryl pires
- Mouse, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Haunting Hour, Michael Mira
- Dancefloor, Justin Tang