C H Sund
The Old Warrior, dode
For thirty days his body fought
bribes many, temptations spurned
the warrior had simply chosen
his final act of courage
The end came in the night.
The gentle hand that led him forth
to lands where soldiers dwell
left his mask of death…at peace
Buried with honors, the guns did sound.
Respects were paid, off sped the lives
Then the final bookend of life did come
neatly printed and parchment too
Computers require their labels neat.
Dementia, progressive, reason given
Those that knew, knew this not true
for the old warrior had chosen…
His final act of courage.
C H Sund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Old Warrior, dode by C H Sund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher