The Only One
You're the only one. It is true.
I could never love anyone but you.
When in despair I look to you.
Hope eternal springs,
with all the joys you bring.
All this splendour you make me feel.
The fact you're here is so surreal.
There is no other.
You're the only one.
I hope you believe I'm the one.
Playing the field is over and done.
When you know you've found the one.
I never feel the need to frown.
When the one I needs around.
Nothing Else could take the place.
Of this picture perfect face.
Together we'll build a special place.
To spend such endless blissful days.
The only one will do for life.
I take thee now as my wife.
To have and hold. Forever cherish.
Never seeing a single blemish.
I never imagined this day would come.
Eternally now with my only one.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Only One by Michael McParland )
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah