The Photo Album
I haven’t looked at my photo album in a long time,
The thought of you hasn’t really crossed my mind.
I don’t know if it’s a bad or good thing,
Forgetting your love or forgetting the pain.
The only memories I have now are pictures in a frame,
I’m losing you and the world doesn’t really seem the same.
I need you, the thought of you use to bring happiness,
But now that you are gone it only brings sadness.
It’s been so long that your memories are drifting away,
And I’m worried that I might forget you someday.
I might not ever see you again someday,
Never be able to hug you again someday.
Why can’t I remember the greatest woman to walk this earth,
And the love for our family in which you put first.
You left so early and will miss so many things,
Never see my graduation or those pair of wedding rings.
All I can do now is to keep your memory alive,
No reason to mourn and no time to cry.
Just open that old photo album and take a look inside.
Robert Beksinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Photo Album by Robert Beksinski )
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
- A basket سلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The pond, Harold R Hunt Sr
- All We Need Is Love, Sandra Feldman
- The train., Harold R Hunt Sr
- No lights., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley