The Photo Album
I haven’t looked at my photo album in a long time,
The thought of you hasn’t really crossed my mind.
I don’t know if it’s a bad or good thing,
Forgetting your love or forgetting the pain.
The only memories I have now are pictures in a frame,
I’m losing you and the world doesn’t really seem the same.
I need you, the thought of you use to bring happiness,
But now that you are gone it only brings sadness.
It’s been so long that your memories are drifting away,
And I’m worried that I might forget you someday.
I might not ever see you again someday,
Never be able to hug you again someday.
Why can’t I remember the greatest woman to walk this earth,
And the love for our family in which you put first.
You left so early and will miss so many things,
Never see my graduation or those pair of wedding rings.
All I can do now is to keep your memory alive,
No reason to mourn and no time to cry.
Just open that old photo album and take a look inside.
Robert Beksinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Photo Album by Robert Beksinski )
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate