Charles Hanson Towne
Back of his splendid song, O think of the songs unsung!
Back of his painted dreams, the dreams that he never reveals!
Behind each lyric of rapture
The songs that he cannot capture,
Save for his own delight, to keep his heart still young!
But the songs that he never can sing--
Children created of one glad song that tells us what he feels--
Some day they shall be uttered,
When far his soul has fluttered,
Sung by an unborn singer in a new and wonderful Spring!
Charles Hanson Towne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poet by Charles Hanson Towne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Intense Videos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cherishing Small Things, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- As I love you, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Lonley Nights, Michael McParland
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- LET MORE ROOM FOR LOVE, MOHAMMAD SKATI