The Price of Peace
What price is Peace?
I asked a troubled world,
Casting a wistful eye.
The world, uneasy with
pending doom, groans;
Making no reply.
There is no Peace,
A Soft Voice said;
While the clock of time yet runs.
The only peace
this Earth will know; is the
Troubled sound of guns.
Fear; - and death and hate;
All earth kens
Is the guns of war.
All earths inhabitants
From the years now gone before.
Prize inner Peace, the Soft Voice said;
-No need for the
But Peace, cried I,
For a world gone mad;
No Peace for the scorching earth?
The sad earth shuddered,
It made reply;
“I too am mortal, ” it said.
“But unlike man,
no soul have I;
When my green is forever dead.”
“Peace? Though I yearn for peace
But as long
as my white sand runs;
The only peace,
Is a tortured peace;
In the echo of mankind’s guns.”
Wildwood Slim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Price of Peace by Wildwood Slim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Do No Wrong, Terence G. Craddock
- Is poet, gajanan mishra
- It just is (Spoken word poem), Fiona McCullough
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -72, Ronjoy Brahma
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka
- Which Stones Cast Leave Permanent Scares?, Terence G. Craddock
- Tranquil Place, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Qualified Candidates For Euthanasia, Terence G. Craddock
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -71, Ronjoy Brahma
- City Workers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak