The Price of Peace
What price is Peace?
I asked a troubled world,
Casting a wistful eye.
The world, uneasy with
pending doom, groans;
Making no reply.
There is no Peace,
A Soft Voice said;
While the clock of time yet runs.
The only peace
this Earth will know; is the
Troubled sound of guns.
Fear; - and death and hate;
All earth kens
Is the guns of war.
All earths inhabitants
From the years now gone before.
Prize inner Peace, the Soft Voice said;
-No need for the
But Peace, cried I,
For a world gone mad;
No Peace for the scorching earth?
The sad earth shuddered,
It made reply;
“I too am mortal, ” it said.
“But unlike man,
no soul have I;
When my green is forever dead.”
“Peace? Though I yearn for peace
But as long
as my white sand runs;
The only peace,
Is a tortured peace;
In the echo of mankind’s guns.”
Wildwood Slim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Price of Peace by Wildwood Slim )
- - Come With Me My Lovely Princess-, Ali Sabry
- - I See You All The Rays Of The Sun-, Ali Sabry
- - You Taught Me A Lot Of Love-, Ali Sabry
- - When I Look At The Moon I Remember You.., Ali Sabry
- - When I Walk Alone In The Night I See Y.., Ali Sabry
- - There Isn't Impossible In Dreams & Love-, Ali Sabry
- -You Can't Challenge Me My Wonderful Lady-, Ali Sabry
- - Very Long Time Ago Honey You Captured .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Not Rich That's True My Lovely Bea.., Ali Sabry
- - Me & You We Will Enjoy In This World f.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow