With these hands I will defend you.
With these arms I will hold you.
With this heart I will love you.
When the fear comes, I will shield you.
When the pain comes, I will heal you.
When the sadness comes, I will protect you.
I can see the sky-high walls you build;
They are as clear as day -
Even unbreakable. Almost.
For I shall not just stand at the base
of these walls and watch as you seal
yourself behind them.
No, I will not merely knock,
Try again, give up, and turn,
Never to see the real you again.
I will break down those walls.
Smash through them, and
Embrace your soul.
I shall not judge, mock, or exploit
Your soul. Rather, I will provide
Comfort, and security - safe haven.
A safe haven where you can be your
True self without fear of ridicule.
A safe haven for you and me.
John McClay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Protector by John McClay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Date Night, Charles Hancock
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Thrills and spills(Hindi translation), Thampi KEE
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo