The Question Remains Unanswered
Strange things happen in our lives
through each passing year.
As we get older, we reflect
on the reasons why they came.
She came into my life
first in my childhood,
but for some reason
no friendship flared.
The years then rolled on
to forty and more
and into my life,
she once again appeared.
It is hard to define
what we were both
on the second time around.
However, what we found
was a deep, caring friendship
that reached higher than
any parameters we could have set.
We knew one day further on
we would have to part again
when heaven called
for one of us to go.
I reflect now for a reason
why destiny brought us together
not once but twice.
However, the question remains unanswered.
3 May 2012
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Question Remains Unanswered by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- Perfectly Imperfect, Marvin Brato Sr
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp