The Question Remains Unanswered
Strange things happen in our lives
through each passing year.
As we get older, we reflect
on the reasons why they came.
She came into my life
first in my childhood,
but for some reason
no friendship flared.
The years then rolled on
to forty and more
and into my life,
she once again appeared.
It is hard to define
what we were both
on the second time around.
However, what we found
was a deep, caring friendship
that reached higher than
any parameters we could have set.
We knew one day further on
we would have to part again
when heaven called
for one of us to go.
I reflect now for a reason
why destiny brought us together
not once but twice.
However, the question remains unanswered.
3 May 2012
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Question Remains Unanswered by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
- Human, Foster Teegarden
- Frienship, bryan wallace
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)