The Quiet Fire
Quite is the fire,
Quite are the dreams,
Quite are the passions, the laughter and the streams.
Quite is the fire that sooths the moment.
Quite is the fire it's like a snow bird in flight,
Lie still, lie still and take in the moment.
For we shall remember how to dream, it's like watching a
Quite is the fire…
For a quite fire is like timeless echoes in the winds.
A quite fire can soothe a lonely soul in passing.
Quite is the fire…
A quite fire can take you over in a moment, it is magic,
A quite fire can burn deep within your soul for hope,
For peace and for love,
Quite is the fire to hear a silent whisper and think of love.
Quite is the fire.
Quite is the moment
Quite is the time for laughter
Quite is the time for hope
Quite is the time for passion
A quite fire is like timeless echoes in the winds.
SUSHANA VITTALDEV's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Quiet Fire by SUSHANA VITTALDEV )
- don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)