The Quiet Man
He is not one who does yearn for renown
And he never will be the toast of the town
The quiet achiever in his own quiet way
Of himself he never has much for to say.
The quiet man he is happy in his life
He takes care of his children and his devoted wife
He rise at dawn to go to work every day
And he is one who earns his every pay.
A paid member of the local football club
And on saturday evening at the local pub
He joins his mates for an hour or two of cheer
And he does enjoy a good laugh and a beer.
A family man and quite a gentle soul
And he has his ego well under control
A good friend to have those who know him well say
And to help others out he goes out of his way.
A man who does laugh loudly at a good joke
And a hard working person and quite a good bloke
He never does yearn for great wealth and fame
And to him all are equal and all are the same.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Quiet Man by Francis Duggan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Bridge of New York's Beauty..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR