I went in today, to get myself a reading.
The old witch jump up and danced,
a very strange dance with know meaning.
Then she sat down in front of her crystal ball,
to give me my reading.
She said my future looked beautiful and sad,
that I would sail away,
to a beautiful island,
there I would meet the girl of my life,
and be wed.
My dreams will be short lived,
as the girl in my dreams, would have cancer,
that shortly after we wed,
my beautiful bride will be dead.
Oh, what a sad picture she painted.
So I went home and packed my bags,
but I didn't go on no long journey, like she said,
I moved across town,
and never went back for any more readings.
sammie bagley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Reading by sammie bagley )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
kitz d budding poet
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Your Heart To Mine, Michael P. McParland
- Motivation, Kim Lee
- A life without pain, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- BLUE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Mental Torment, Kim Lee
- Волшебная прогулка по лесу., Alexander Smetanin
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Croc a Smile, Ima Ryma
- Judgement Call, bryan wallace
- Uncle Styopa part 3 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin