I went in today, to get myself a reading.
The old witch jump up and danced,
a very strange dance with know meaning.
Then she sat down in front of her crystal ball,
to give me my reading.
She said my future looked beautiful and sad,
that I would sail away,
to a beautiful island,
there I would meet the girl of my life,
and be wed.
My dreams will be short lived,
as the girl in my dreams, would have cancer,
that shortly after we wed,
my beautiful bride will be dead.
Oh, what a sad picture she painted.
So I went home and packed my bags,
but I didn't go on no long journey, like she said,
I moved across town,
and never went back for any more readings.
sammie bagley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Reading by sammie bagley )
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
- ABOUT ABELA, Terry Collett
- Autumn Leave, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Roses, Jerusha Melanie
- Circumstances and I, gajanan mishra
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)