The Real Me
The Real Me
What does that mean
Is it who I am when I'm with my friends?
Is it who I am when I'm with my family?
Is it who I am when I'm at church?
Who Am I?
Am I daddy's little girl?
Am I the annoying little sister?
Am I the woman running from life?
Who knows who the 'real me' is?
Please show me,
I want to know!
I am tired of searching,
I am tired of running
most of the time in the wrong direction
But most of all
I am tired of fighting
I am your child,
I am a beautiful woman
With a passion for life,
with a passion for people,
with a passion for You!
Thank you God,
You just made it all clear
I finally know the Real Me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Real Me by Carissa Thiessen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitled, Jervin Timothy
- The Photo, Kenneth Winstanley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu