Jagannath rao Adukuri
The poet did not read much poetry
In the river which had water only once.
The river that had carried away
A pregnant woman carrying twins
The poets had still talked about its beauty
What if the river had just sand
And a few water-melon patches
Water-buffaloes soaking in the sun
Rocks that glistened on the river bed
White wet clothes drying on them
Without water the river is still a river.
It is hot on the sand under the bridge
We still talk about its pristine beauty
As though it is a river of water
It is not carved out of brown hot sand
Its reason for existence is not to supply
Truckloads of sand for buildings.
Jagannath rao Adukuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The river by Jagannath rao Adukuri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II