Leading to the lasting sea
Is the river of life,
Eternal, never ending.
The river runs from the
Snow-capped peaks; where God Himself
Pours continuously, ceaseless.
Life winds, weaves its way around obstacles
Jutting out, breaking the tranquil yet
Ever-flowing surface of the river.
Midmorning arrives, rays of dazzling
Sunshine accent each wave, each ripple.
A thin, transparent haze lightly
Blankets the river.
Tyler Howat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The River by Tyler Howat )
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest