Leading to the lasting sea
Is the river of life,
Eternal, never ending.
The river runs from the
Snow-capped peaks; where God Himself
Pours continuously, ceaseless.
Life winds, weaves its way around obstacles
Jutting out, breaking the tranquil yet
Ever-flowing surface of the river.
Midmorning arrives, rays of dazzling
Sunshine accent each wave, each ripple.
A thin, transparent haze lightly
Blankets the river.
Tyler Howat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The River by Tyler Howat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Hell, Jake Glenney
- Mary Beth, Jake Glenney
- Nothing, Jake Glenney
- Furtive Infatuation, Darlene Pagunsan
- Welcome My Darling, Joseph Narusiewicz