The fragrance of the rose was beautiful and touched the senses magically,
The velvet softness of petals immersed my feelings with such intensity it almost made me cry,
And the very essence of them being around me filled me with hope,
And although helpless,
My eyes failed to witness the scene.
Drinking in the majesty, I found myself feeling like Royalty,
Whilst everything around me flew by in some frantic scene,
Whilst my senses overtook the aroma and got ahead of me,
Waiting for that next euphoria,
Raising my every feeling, and lightening my way,
Like some torch of sight
And yet, although dark, I could see it,
In my mind,
And the peace that it brought me, was overwhelming.
I sat alone amongst the fragrance,
Blissfully unaware that no-one really saw me,
Or warranted me a look,
Of pity, or otherwise sought to gain my opinion.
It did not matter, for although I could not see,
The very effervescence of it all took my breath away..
A rose by any other name, shall sharpen my senses, and make all the colours as one.
In my mind, it was relevant to the day,
And will forever stay in my mind.
It brought me joy.
Phil Soar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose by Phil Soar )
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
- Real meditation, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)