John Bliven Morin
The Searchers (part 2 of 2)
The sunlight came and brought a breeze,
the songs of birds came from the trees;
the children's stretching, yawning, sighs
accompanied the opening of their eyes.
They wiped them then in disbelief,
for there in every bowl and leaf,
honey, fruits, dewdrops and berries;
who could have left them but the fairies?
Sweet music came from somewhere near,
gone was their hunger, fatigue and fear;
they heard the hidden voices sing
and saw they'd slept in a fairy ring.
With the dawn, they knew the way,
homeward, happily they play;
relief for a worried Mum and Dad
who'd looked in vain for their lass and lad.
That night, tucked lovingly in her bed,
Mary, to her brother said,
'But Bobby, we never saw a fairy! '
'Hush, my little sister Mary,
'You saw their hilltop fairy ring,
you heard their many voices sing;
you ate and drank their kindness, wee one,
and now complain you didn't see one? '
'I'm sorry, Bobby, ' Mary pled,
I'll never doubt again, ' she said,
'we may grow old each passing year;
I'll always know that they are here! '
John Bliven Morin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Searchers (part 2 of 2) by John Bliven Morin )
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
- The Ends and the Means, David McLansky
- Together Life, Albert Martin
- No secret, gajanan mishra
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- купить крест торетто, kvazy1 kvazy1
- To surrender, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1930 - 1998)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)