The So Called Good Economic Managers
Due to Government mismanagement we see a society in decay
And the wealthy at the expense of the poor get wealthier it should never be that way
In so called affluent Western Nations people live rough on the street
Without a place to call home to out of rubbish bins they eat.
The Government due to so called good economic management get re-elected but the poor getting more poor
And for the youth of the poor Suburbs job opportunities are fewer
And many young people never find employment because of their address
And lack of career opportunities give rise to feelings of hopelessness.
Life is tough for those in the poor Suburbs where poverty is rife
From the day that they are born they must struggle on through life
The Monarch became Monarch due to birthright doesn't life seem so unfair
Whilst millions are dying of hunger in the bigger World out there.
The so called good economic managers are back in power again
But from their good economic management only the wealthy gain
And even in so called wealthy Western Nations there is widespread poverty
And more people dying of malnutrition than ever before in the twenty first century.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The So Called Good Economic Managers by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- POLICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Resurrection, Naveed Khalid
- The Wind, the Sun and the Moon, Anne Stevenson
- On Going Deaf, Anne Stevenson
- In the Orchard, Anne Stevenson
- THINKING OF YOCHANA, Terry Collett
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her happiness, Pradip Chattopadhyay