He was not ready
for a stash of negligees
put up by moon, on the trees.
A hanging valley drops the pretense
meets the river on the way
for a rendezvous.
Nymphs are flying randomly
against crystals of stars
blank night asks for nothing.
Sometimes hallucinations are welcome
when it is too hot inside
and the life sucks madly.
It was all very puzzling
the nudes in mirrors,
the stings in prayers.
Leaning against the wall
gives a scope for existence
remember, the desires are many.
the separateness was the idea
to put the damper on shouts
we are not, what we willed.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE STINGS by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Korean Cicada (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- There Is Nothing As Indian English Poetr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- No to Suicide, Wellington Marshall