The Subject Of Death
The subject of death
or standing at night with a lit candle
under my chin in front of a mirror
prevents my humor
The stanza is romantic.
Makes me queasy.
And it's unfair to play
with silver dimes
when the dead
can see no more
nor have the will
to lift their lids.
Had they the capability
to wink & smoke a lid
I'm certain muteness
would reflect their voice
and their hallucinations
would be Dostoievski's.
Alex Nodopaka May©2012
Alex Nodopaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Subject Of Death by Alex Nodopaka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee