The Subject Of Death
The subject of death
or standing at night with a lit candle
under my chin in front of a mirror
prevents my humor
The stanza is romantic.
Makes me queasy.
And it's unfair to play
with silver dimes
when the dead
can see no more
nor have the will
to lift their lids.
Had they the capability
to wink & smoke a lid
I'm certain muteness
would reflect their voice
and their hallucinations
would be Dostoievski's.
Alex Nodopaka May©2012
Alex Nodopaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Subject Of Death by Alex Nodopaka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- died in faith, kyvin nash
- A Lasting Rhythm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raising Children Without Hatred, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Back In The Eighties, Anthony Di'anno
- Fires Of Blazing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- AS LONG AS AGGRESSION GOES ON, THEN PEOP.., MOHAMMAD SKATI