At eight years old I loved and trusted you.
In one day, I lost that trust, I feared you.
I knew what you had done wasn't right.
You told me to tell nobody, I never did.
Every time we were alone you did it again.
You left me with feelings of shame.
I carried these feelings for twenty years.
My secret was a heavy burden.
I always felt somehow it was my fault.
You stole from me my childhood.
I will always remember you as the thief
who stole something from me -
my carefree childhood days.
Trinny Trin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Thief by Trinny Trin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mosley Manor, marriam anderson
- Desire, Avinash Nair
- My Grieving Heart, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels
- The Rough Guide to Romantic Comedy, James Thomas Miller
- Recessional, James Thomas Miller
- Poverty Streets, Darren David Weaver
- Destiny, Jesus James Llorico
- Another Sunset, Jesus James Llorico
- Time and Distance, Michael Mira