[The Trash Can Fire]
The Trash can fire burns worm.
For another dog left out in the cold.
where the dark allies meet.
Another dog without a bone.
Once loyal friend to his master.
Now master of disaster.
His only friend is where he roams
and the only home he now knows.
Is there by the trash can fire.
As rain comes down in sheets.
His matted fer soaks to the core.
Steaming his sole, like water on hot coals
He begs by the trash can fire.
The trash can fire burns worm,
little embers that glow in the night.
Def and blind is this dog.
Never will he belong,
to anything but the trash can fire.
Seth Morrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ([The Trash Can Fire] by Seth Morrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL