[The Trash Can Fire]
The Trash can fire burns worm.
For another dog left out in the cold.
where the dark allies meet.
Another dog without a bone.
Once loyal friend to his master.
Now master of disaster.
His only friend is where he roams
and the only home he now knows.
Is there by the trash can fire.
As rain comes down in sheets.
His matted fer soaks to the core.
Steaming his sole, like water on hot coals
He begs by the trash can fire.
The trash can fire burns worm,
little embers that glow in the night.
Def and blind is this dog.
Never will he belong,
to anything but the trash can fire.
Seth Morrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ([The Trash Can Fire] by Seth Morrow )
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal