Jacqueline C Nash
The Uninvited Guest
When the moon is full and the stars shine bright
and all is quiet at the dead of night,
the house stands waiting for the uninvited guest.
The silence is shattered as the clock strikes one.
The witching hour has just begun.
It's time for the appearance of the uninvited guest.
In a long velvet gown that touches the ground
she glides through the house without making a sound.
Yes, she is here now, the uninvited guest.
Her beauty so timeless, her skin flawless and pale.
Surrounded in mystery, what is her tale?
For she is relentlessly searching, this uninvited guest.
With such grace and elegance into each room she goes.
For what she is searching nobody knows.
What will she find, this uninvited guest.
The house knows the secret of her dreadful demise
and once again it hears her cries,
the screams and cries of the uninvited guest.
For down in the cellar and behind a bricked wall,
her bones are hidden from one and all.
Yes, the dried up bones of the uninvited guest.
Jacqueline C Nash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Uninvited Guest by Jacqueline C Nash )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear
- À TOI, Rosie Bourget