the voice within
The Voice Within
Truth is a beautiful bird that seeks the light of knowledge
but it also has sharp talons to grab hold of and expose lies,
and falseness that dissipate in the sight of veracity.
But are all truths good for everyone isn´t there moments
in life when a small lie can safe life or stop the crying of
a distressed child or comfort the grieving?
The insistence of absolute truth can with time become
cold and tyrannical, shows no mercy holds no love, lacks
human understanding and passion.
Truth seeker can be sadists taking delight in suffering of
those who have been caught in the confusing of untrue,
of what professional liars call: “To misspeak”
Truth without empathy is therefore useless we need to
hear the inner voice and listen to its song; at dawn it sings
so softly you will be moved to make the right choice.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (the voice within by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- You Buy Me Eggs Nine 72, Anne Tardos
- Window, Cigeng Zhang
- The World, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Cleansing the Sword!, Stanley Collymore
- Emotions, Ruth Manning-Sanders