Ella Wheeler Wilcox
The Winds of Fate
One ship drives east and another drives west
With the selfsame winds that blow.
Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales
Which tells us the way to go.
Like the winds of the seas are the ways of fate,
As we voyage along through the life:
Tis the set of a soul
That decides its goal,
And not the calm or the strife.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winds of Fate by Ella Wheeler Wilcox )
Did you read them?
- My Past, Tribhawan Kaul
- RETURN TO LOVE, Meggie Gultiano
- Good life, John Mamhungaire
- Escalator of Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Stinch Binge, Joe Elmenhorst
- A New Day, Vera Sidhwa
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- Life, John Mamhungaire
- Secret Garden, Gary Hembree
- सांसो की ना जाने कहाँ रफ्तार गई?, Aftab Alam