The Winter of My Soul
When the sweet violets of Spring have long faded
and their scent is but a fond remembrance
Will you still look to me?
When the Summer rains are all but a distant memory
that echoes across the starry, barren landscape
Will you still call to me?
When the fleeting winds of Autumn have ceased to whisper
of ancient longings and dreams forgotten
Will you still long for me?
When all the leaves have fallen and the Winter snow
blankets the sleepy land of my soul
Will you still love me?
Sheri Walters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winter of My Soul by Sheri Walters )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poem is my bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed