The Winter of My Soul
When the sweet violets of Spring have long faded
and their scent is but a fond remembrance
Will you still look to me?
When the Summer rains are all but a distant memory
that echoes across the starry, barren landscape
Will you still call to me?
When the fleeting winds of Autumn have ceased to whisper
of ancient longings and dreams forgotten
Will you still long for me?
When all the leaves have fallen and the Winter snow
blankets the sleepy land of my soul
Will you still love me?
Sheri Walters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Winter of My Soul by Sheri Walters )
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)