The Woman From Indonesia
She doesn't use hair dyes or makeup to hide ageing signs away
The woman from Indonesia her hair is silver gray
A beautiful brown skinned woman of average build and height
And her smile is infectious she seems carefree and bright.
Her husband died in ninety six it's been said that he met with foul play
But that's another story one for another day
She grieved for him for a few years his loving and faithful wife
But she's put all of that behind her and got on with her life.
Her two daughters in their twenties of twenty two and twenty three
But they live in North Queensland and them she seldom see
They keep in contact with her through letter and by phone
yet she doesn't seem unhappy for one who lives alone.
The widow from Jakarta City is fifty five years old
And she is warm and friendly and in her nothing cold
She has had her share of crosses but she keeps soldiering on
And she is one you won't hear say that her better days are gone.
The woman from Indonesia lives far from her old home
But in Hallam in Victoria where she now reside she is well liked and well known
And she makes friends quite easily in her own charming way
The smiling one from Java with hair of silver gray.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Woman From Indonesia by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911) .., Monk E. Biz
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray