The woman who loved roses
The woman who loved roses where might she be today?
'Twas said she left our valley for a land far away
At daybreak she hear the birds sing in the quiet of her bedroom
And out in her front garden the rose trees are in bloom.
The colours are amazing the red and pink and white
And the purple and the yellow make for a pretty sight
She waters her flower beds and her rose trees before the heat of day
In her garden by the meadow that smell of new mown hay.
The woman who loved roses has not been sighted for some while
She was a lovely lady with sunshine in her smile
Around our old green valley her's was a well loved face
We missed her for we loved her and none to take her place.
The woman who loved roses she passed on years ago
And above where she is resting a little rose tree grow
Yet she has been seen often in her garden far away
Watering her flower beds and her rose trees before the heat of day.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The woman who loved roses by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano