PEACE! PEACE! PEACE!
Painted on murals,
Vandalized on walls,
Written on daily newspapers,
everybody yearned about it,
Yet everybody resorted into violence to attain it.
From the very first kiss of the morning dew,
Nothing could be heard on radios,
But wars from Jerusalem to kabul,
Till midnight when the nectar of the Dama De Noches flowed through the petals,
Nothing could be seen on televisions,
But mutilated cadavers from Damascus to the streets of Zamboanga City,
And everybody sought for PEACE through all ages.
If am dead and gone,
It would be sweeter to be buried before darkness,
Beneath the blooming flowers of yellow roses,
Where the scent of them would hug my corpse,
When the windy afternoon comes,
Their petals would perfume my decaying flesh.
Under the falling rain,
When my soul crosses the river styx into the other world,
Where the angel of death's guitar strums flow underneath
The rainbow bridge of soft pillows,
perhaps I could find peace across the river.
Gianni Pansensoy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Yearning by Gianni Pansensoy )
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- I am the time, Aftab Alam
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus