There is but one
In the beginning of life many are taught to follow a religion, a belief, a never-ending plight.
'There is only one true religion, ' many say but they truth is they all have some truth or they would not maintain their stay.
I believe I know the truth, enough to never sway or fall aloof.
This is what matters most, a belief in something beyond your self.
A belief that is right in your mind, a belief that answers all of your questions every time. A belief that is familiar to you, one that brings back old memories, long before youth. Truth is the greatest foundation for any man, for there in lies the basis for any plan.
Truly wonderful beliefs are those that do not ooze in grief, deceit, dishonest retreat, back-biting, fighting, and anything uninviting.
Many search, many find, some give up and retreat to a life of unexplained time
There is but one
Jeff Rushton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There is but one by Jeff Rushton )
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
- Trust, fiona sinclair
- Wonderland, fiona sinclair
- Inherited Friend, fiona sinclair
- The Quiet Room, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)