They Never Left: Stanza 3
As a teenager
I became unsure
hanging onto the past
grasping the future.
the past was sure-footed,
the future was clumsy
My playground became
where one had to put aside the
encompass the uncertainty
of the future,
like a man.
gordon francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Never Left: Stanza 3 by gordon francis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Progress of the gospel, Alex Adeoye
- Death is Way Overrated, Francie Lynch
- Pollywog Tom Ridge, Richard Thripp
- What I Hold Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...