They Never Left: Stanza 3
As a teenager
I became unsure
hanging onto the past
grasping the future.
the past was sure-footed,
the future was clumsy
My playground became
where one had to put aside the
encompass the uncertainty
of the future,
like a man.
gordon francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Never Left: Stanza 3 by gordon francis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv