Eli J Tod
This addiction I have
This habit I can't seem to kick
It tends to baffle me daily
This dependence I have on it.
Pure infatuation, simple fixation
I'm so passionate with this craze
So enthralled with fascination
Always leaving me in a daze.
The allure it has over me
Ensnaring my shattered heart
The very thing that broke it
The thing that caught me up in the start.
What's this appeal it has for me?
I must enjoy the splintered feeling
Back to my obsession I go
No time for my heart to be healing.
It must be written in the stars
This perplexity to go unsolved
Because resistance, try as I might
Is constantly unresolved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Addiction by Eli J Tod )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Fine Sight, Edgar Albert Guest
- World Famous Painting Haiku - Manet's A .., john tiong chunghoo
- At Your Own Risk, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Awakening, Aqua Flower
- Like One Concussed, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Find Me, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- The Diary, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Departed Friends, Edgar Albert Guest
- Constant Beauty, Edgar Albert Guest
- Too Complete A Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak