This is what the fish said
How long can the hide and seek go on?
The net is cast everyday and soon
you will be `it'.
A fish's silence says a lot
The one under the oath of Hatha Yoga
called back to say
`Ruthless love breeds contempt'
This is temple river
These are temple fish
Casting nets is prohibited here
Some fish even wear golden rings
They live on the puffed-rice of silence
They do not always decipher the meaning of dreams
Today they said move on to the big ocean
when the pond gets small
Eels travel miles to mate at mid sea
Some fish swim up current to
mate, lay eggs and die
Some spread the love scent for miles
with a small flutter of the tail
The laying of eggs is an all together
Just a small movement of the body and a
small opening of the secret passage
and millions of tiny wonders slide down
guaranteeing there will be life after all
do not despair.
Prathibha Nandakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This is what the fish said by Prathibha Nandakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Body of Moving and Light, Peter Streckfus
- Good Luck.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Bildungsroman, Peter Streckfus
- Old grandma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- There Is Another Kingdom Where The Bramb.., mary douglas
- Until we reach somewhere, Piyush Dey
- Song: You are my God..., Dr John Celes
- Manna, Joseph Stroud
- Directions, Joseph Stroud
- No dream no life, gajanan mishra