Tawfeeq Hasan Khan
This World Is Merely A Crowd
This world is merely a crowd,
So people residing here shouldn't feel proud.
Of there existence here in this dense forest,
For they're merely a pest.
Busy in pestering each other,
Enemy in mind but mouth says brother.
The life is satirical indeed,
Rich helps the rich but not the one in need.
Chainsaws and axes are the objects to which a person bows,
And these evils cut the trees whose seed the nature sows.
People are discarding wastes all around,
Disturbing the nature's peaceful sound.
But I know that as we're polluting nature,
Someday we'll be bounded by nature's vengeful curvature...
Tawfeeq Hasan Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
sonnet comprises of 7 couplets which is meant to ridicule every people
in this world and also as a warning to those who pollute the nature...
Comments about this poem (This World Is Merely A Crowd by Tawfeeq Hasan Khan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham