Waltz For Zizi
Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine
'-When are you going to stop crying
for a dream that wasn't yours,
for those green painted eyes.
That girl loved life
more than she loved you.
-Never, I shout back.
-You fool, he replies. No one cares for love now.'
Because when my eyes will have forgotten your shape
from the sky, the tallest of the stars
will return you
back into my arms.
And though I'll be dead then, in a foreigin land,
my heart will keep on beating
in your palms,
and under the sun, no cloud will be brave enough to venture,
to shadow my face.
And because I'll be so far away from you,
I'll entrust my last words to the wind
to sail them to you.
'I love you' he will say.
His tongue will be my own,
his lips will lay flowers
and kisses, my kisses
on your denuded skin.
And when you'll finally die,
from old age, wrinkled,
do not hide your face from me
in the devil's arms,
for I will come and paint your bare feet
in the color of his blood.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine by Waltz For Zizi )
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey