Those Old School Days
Lost amongst a sea of faces,
The day has dawned,
A young heart races,
Summer holidays are over,
It's back to school,
Girls looking chic!
Boys acting cool!
Then mixed with the bunch,
The bully appears,
With menacing grin,
Some poor boys in tears,
He roams the school playground,
To spoil someone's day,
Like a Buzzard he waits,
To stake out his prey,
It's a time to be noticed,
A time to fit in,
Days we remember,
Where friendships begin,
We look back and wonder,
How did we survive?
But those old school days,
Were the best days of our lives!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those Old School Days by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Music, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Days Of Olokun, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The Lover, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- ALL OF THEM كلهم, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Eyes, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Yayathi, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Day, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- A Girl With No Gold, with No thing to hold, Monk E. Biz
- Beasts Of Burden, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Horse In Autumn, Ruth Manning-Sanders