'Thought is Surrounded by a Halo'
Show me the order of the world,
the hard-edge light of this-is-so
prior to all experience
and common to both world and thought,
no model, but the truth itself.
Language is not a perfect game,
and if it were, how could we play?
The world's more than the sum of things
like moon, sky, centre, body, bed,
as all the singing masters know.
Picture two lovers side by side
who sleep and dream and wake to hold
the real and imagined world
body by body, word by word
in the wild halo of their thought.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Thought is Surrounded by a Halo' by Gwen Harwood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Decisive turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Wisdom's View, LUVinThe NOW
- Your face is my mirror, gajanan mishra
- Peace movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Other name of flower, gajanan mishra
- I Can't Wake Up, Neela Nath
- Fine finish, hasmukh amathalal
- Indian apex, Muhammad Khalid
- Sweet pains, Muhammad Khalid
- Ultimate Freedom!, LUVinThe NOW