Thoughts of Insanity...
I go through this life constantly feeling empty.
I try and tell myself, 'today is the day,
The day that ill pull through...'
But it never is...
For a speck of a moment in time I will soar,
High up to the heavans and float like an angel,
As light as a feather.
I feel whole
Even though i have nothing inside.
But everytime in this speck of a moment my wings get clipped,
And i crash hard
Deeper then earth
And darker then hell...
I am screaming on the inside,
Asking 'Why? ! '
'Why dont you love me today? ! '
'Why wont you let me soar? ! '
But not the faintest sound is made to answere my questions...
Voices surrounds me as i lean my head deep down into the bowl,
The pit of dispair...
Once you go in you can never return...
But these voices can not see me,
But these voices know
I can read there thoughts
They think i am just troubled,
Maybe I am?
But they do not know that i am actually,
I am a dreamer and I am a lier,
I am a hoper and I am a deciever.
I am beautiful but I am hideous,
I am happy but I want to die.
I am lonely but I have many friends...
I am addicted and it controlls me...
I am addicted to Perfection...
And I am someone i do not recognise anymore...
I try and leave you
But you will never loosen your grip.
I try and deceive you but you can see through my lies.
My life revolves around you,
Are you satisfied! ! ?
I love you, I really do
But i am weak
And can not play along with your games any longer...
I do not want to be insane any more!
But its easier said then done...
You have me...
Carmen Roebuck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts of Insanity... by Carmen Roebuck )
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
- Is This Love, John Foster
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
- Pain Behind a fake Smile, Curtis Brown
- Faiths gate opens on a garden of peace, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)