Thoughts of Insanity...
I go through this life constantly feeling empty.
I try and tell myself, 'today is the day,
The day that ill pull through...'
But it never is...
For a speck of a moment in time I will soar,
High up to the heavans and float like an angel,
As light as a feather.
I feel whole
Even though i have nothing inside.
But everytime in this speck of a moment my wings get clipped,
And i crash hard
Deeper then earth
And darker then hell...
I am screaming on the inside,
Asking 'Why? ! '
'Why dont you love me today? ! '
'Why wont you let me soar? ! '
But not the faintest sound is made to answere my questions...
Voices surrounds me as i lean my head deep down into the bowl,
The pit of dispair...
Once you go in you can never return...
But these voices can not see me,
But these voices know
I can read there thoughts
They think i am just troubled,
Maybe I am?
But they do not know that i am actually,
I am a dreamer and I am a lier,
I am a hoper and I am a deciever.
I am beautiful but I am hideous,
I am happy but I want to die.
I am lonely but I have many friends...
I am addicted and it controlls me...
I am addicted to Perfection...
And I am someone i do not recognise anymore...
I try and leave you
But you will never loosen your grip.
I try and deceive you but you can see through my lies.
My life revolves around you,
Are you satisfied! ! ?
I love you, I really do
But i am weak
And can not play along with your games any longer...
I do not want to be insane any more!
But its easier said then done...
You have me...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts of Insanity... by Carmen Roebuck )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fuck You, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe
- daggers of bayonets, pittbull pittman
- The Flow of Destiny, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude to parents, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.