There are a thousand details pulled in scenes of borders,
Countries have various posts to deliver their protection.
One clicked and the other sang a tune offered by the clergy,
Troopers triumph in splendour for the creation of the nation.
They recollect the generals for their courage,
Their guns go off, and they send the barrage,
For the swarm of bullets defends the strong from the weak,
And force them to eternal death by hanging at least.
Perspiration claimed abundant pressure for the lot,
The generals themselves gain the upper hand
From the mistakes of the enemy, the opposition is mad,
For the opposition is the proud evil of this community.
It requires endless repetition and pacing to strike a scrum
Of attack on the passionate betrayers in our vicinity.
The real stammer is in the old and also the young,
For both ends of the spectrum deserve an equal measure.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thousand Bullets by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah