There are a thousand details pulled in scenes of borders,
Countries have various posts to deliver their protection.
One clicked and the other sang a tune offered by the clergy,
Troopers triumph in splendour for the creation of the nation.
They recollect the generals for their courage,
Their guns go off, and they send the barrage,
For the swarm of bullets defends the strong from the weak,
And force them to eternal death by hanging at least.
Perspiration claimed abundant pressure for the lot,
The generals themselves gain the upper hand
From the mistakes of the enemy, the opposition is mad,
For the opposition is the proud evil of this community.
It requires endless repetition and pacing to strike a scrum
Of attack on the passionate betrayers in our vicinity.
The real stammer is in the old and also the young,
For both ends of the spectrum deserve an equal measure.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thousand Bullets by Naveed Akram )
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- pantoum: landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
- Her Tin Skin, Evie Shockley
- From The Lost Letters of Frederick Dougl.., Evie Shockley
- Seeking Sanity, michael walkerjohn
- — Shall Become As —, Evie Shockley
- I am indeed, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)