Through the Looking Glass
Looking through the looking glass of my mind,
The tempter, better known as Satan spoke to me.
'You, have sealed your fate, by making far too many mistakes
Certainly, the Lord Jesus Christ can not forgive such an unrepented sinner such as you.'
There was a time whenever I told people I was a Christian, they would say to me, ' You are no more a Christian than I am.' It is very hard to say, but the Looking Glass of my past told it to me this way.
What about all the times you thought swearing and using bad language was very cool. 'Yes, I used to be such a fool.' I wanted friends so very badly and wanted to be like them. But than I was so foolish than.
Satan began itemizing my mistakes directly to my face. 'I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.' My sins though scarlet as washed as clean as snow.
When I get to heaven I shall ask God, 'Do you remember all the times I never confessed my sins? ' 'Roxanne, I have forgotten all of those
black marked sins against me, why can't you? '
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Yes, I can overcome temptation because of God.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Through the Looking Glass by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- The Illusory Driver, Lukas Sotola
- कहो क्या हो, जो मेरा दिल तुम्हे मुमताज़ क.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- the kingdom is born, ademola oluwabusayo
- Haiku(Christmas), Aftab Alam
- At a Wedding, Sir John Suckling
- Nostalgia, Lawrence Beck
- Evening Song, Sherwood Anderson
- Gentle Golden Light, Margaret Alice Second
- What is I want under the destinies ten.., Yuri Starostin
- Lonely Road, Alexander Onoja