Through the Looking Glass
Looking through the looking glass of my mind,
The tempter, better known as Satan spoke to me.
'You, have sealed your fate, by making far too many mistakes
Certainly, the Lord Jesus Christ can not forgive such an unrepented sinner such as you.'
There was a time whenever I told people I was a Christian, they would say to me, ' You are no more a Christian than I am.' It is very hard to say, but the Looking Glass of my past told it to me this way.
What about all the times you thought swearing and using bad language was very cool. 'Yes, I used to be such a fool.' I wanted friends so very badly and wanted to be like them. But than I was so foolish than.
Satan began itemizing my mistakes directly to my face. 'I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.' My sins though scarlet as washed as clean as snow.
When I get to heaven I shall ask God, 'Do you remember all the times I never confessed my sins? ' 'Roxanne, I have forgotten all of those
black marked sins against me, why can't you? '
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Yes, I can overcome temptation because of God.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Through the Looking Glass by Roxanne Dubarry )
- What is your name?, Aftab Alam
- Heaven, Hell, or the Highway, David Lewis Paget
- Grave fetched, Aftab Alam
- Haiku(Courage), Aftab Alam
- Many Lonely People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reentry, michael walkerjohn
- Buried Beneath The Waves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)