Through the Looking Glass
Looking through the looking glass of my mind,
The tempter, better known as Satan spoke to me.
'You, have sealed your fate, by making far too many mistakes
Certainly, the Lord Jesus Christ can not forgive such an unrepented sinner such as you.'
There was a time whenever I told people I was a Christian, they would say to me, ' You are no more a Christian than I am.' It is very hard to say, but the Looking Glass of my past told it to me this way.
What about all the times you thought swearing and using bad language was very cool. 'Yes, I used to be such a fool.' I wanted friends so very badly and wanted to be like them. But than I was so foolish than.
Satan began itemizing my mistakes directly to my face. 'I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.' My sins though scarlet as washed as clean as snow.
When I get to heaven I shall ask God, 'Do you remember all the times I never confessed my sins? ' 'Roxanne, I have forgotten all of those
black marked sins against me, why can't you? '
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Yes, I can overcome temptation because of God.
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Comments about this poem (Through the Looking Glass by Roxanne Dubarry )
- In The Game, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prostitutes, Leong Ming Loong
- Do you have a bird?, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Frydenlund, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Limit Of Money., Tony Adah
- Haiku ' Help ', miken newman
- Part Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hope, Khairul Ahsan
- Lawful And Right, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'La Zona 37', Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert Louis Stevenson
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)