Time is the subject on the menu today,
It’s the one intangible that never goes away,
Remember Christ Jesus has already paid,
So Satan can never lead you astray.
Timex and Casio, remember when,
The new digital was the rage,
No matter how old or new the clock,
Time can never be saved.
Neither will time ever be returned,
No matter how expensive the brand or make,
But time can be forgiveness,
When you apologize for your mistake.
I’ve often wondered why many quit,
And time is still plentiful here,
It’s meant to make you grow stronger,
Not shrivel up with fear.
Time is supposed to be positive,
Only the negative can be lost,
That’s why so many people,
End up paying the cost.
Old fashion face clocks,
Remind us of a different time,
Life seemed to be more precious then,
The headlines weren’t filled with crime.
Retirement from a job meant benefits would last,
If you died before your time to the spouse they’d pass,
Not all the hoopla today about lack of health care,
Sick at home? Call the doctor and one would be there.
Life was a much simpler place and time,
In schools and the church you could trust,
Company execs weren’t stealing millions,
Gas and oil companies didn’t try to gouge us.
Yes digital clocks are much easier to read,
But people are no longer so readily pleased.
Time is always running tick tock, tick tock,
Soon it’s going to be tick tock, tick stop,
For sure one day an alarm will sound,
Whether you’re cremated or buried in the ground,
Raised in a big city or reared in a small town,
All your friends and relatives will gather around,
He was this or she was that is what they will say,
Maybe even a tear or two will be shed on your final day,
You will only be praised and given the OK,
If your time on earth was spent in a Godly way.
Brothers and sisters, you no longer have to wonder why,
It signifies an era when the truth meant more than a lie,
That was long ago in seconds, minutes, hours and weeks,
Do not let doubt and hate be the only time that you speak.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time by Luke Easter )
- Happy birthday late Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- Dark Room, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Then you go inside yourself., RIC S. BASTASA
- There's No Escaping Family, A.J. Kent
- the mother sparrow, RIC S. BASTASA
- fed up of hiding the sadness and anger, xenalee haynes
- The Milennium Park, Tony Adah
- don't you dare send me a postcard, Mandolyn ...
- there is a way to write to make you unde.., RIC S. BASTASA
- in Vietnam i had noodles, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)