Time be quite
What the hell
this ringing bell!
And it's already set
O'clock at seven!
Too short these fully things
useless day to living!
I'll shoot that lazy Sun,
Just around for its own fun!
I'll believe only in that God
Who'll let me have a second shot!
Morning, thanks, no bless!
I'd use all my known words
And a bit more
To stop the turn
Of this nowhere running World!
Filippo Stella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Time be quite by Filippo Stella )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Earth, Robert Ronnow
- Way home on a Train, Dwitun Basumatary
- Our House In Winter, Tony Adah
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi
- The Fog, Dwitun Basumatary
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi
- A Dying Victim, Margaret Alice Second
- The Witch of Willow Vale, David Lewis Paget