Terence G. Craddock
Time Capsules Lost Feet Forgotten
early vinyl records
45s needle plays
out on the streets
dance across decades
rock kiwi singers
south sea poms
articulate crystal words
slice through trivia
decode era essences
drag out meanings
exquisite experiences profound
drum beat rhyme times
mist vapours envelopes
stage floor lost feet hidden
not in sands of time but stage hypes
persona supernova swirls
in click blink cult fan worshippers
illusion dances through filtered spotlights
stage acts slots in 1974 street lights
spot light cameo role voice struts
David Bowe twin soul resurrections
is an Alastair glamming it up New Faces
fashion take kiwi slam dunks world trends
note nod to David Essex 'Slade' 'Sweet'
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Terence G. Craddock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Inspired by the song 'Out On The Street' by Space Waltz. A record I had from the glam rock era of the 1970s when I was a teenager. A video of this exists on u tube from the time when this kiwi group appeared on the New Zealand television show 'New Faces'.
Interesting little known kiwi facts. One member of Space Waltz later joined Split Enz. Earlier the Australian promoter and agent Michael Browning wanted to take Space Waltz to England, on tour with Australian band ACDC, but Space waltz had had just moved to Australia and declined the offer. Go figure?
Titled, arrangement, written out 31st January 2014.
Part of a compliation of 8 sketches about kiwi artists comprising 'Kiwi Artists... Takes On World History', 'Waxing In Melting Wisdoms Shadows', 'Our Intersections In Times Illuminaries', 'Filigree Fingered Artists', 'Time Capsules Early Vinyl Records', 'Stage Floor Lost Feet Hidden', 'Time Capsules Lost Feet Forgotten' and 'Stranger Meeting Me... Creative Internal Realities'.
Comments about this poem (Time Capsules Lost Feet Forgotten by Terence G. Craddock )
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)