Times are different and things are changing.
But maybe it's just the people.
The people around you that said they would never change, nevr go away.
They said they would always be on your side, always care.
Yet you find yourself alone, with no where to turn.
Left on your own, with no helping hand reaching out to you.
Left hanging on to whatever shred of dignity you have left.
Yet you still have to explain yourself to everyone.
Because they still love to criticize your ways.
It's like some cheap thrill.
Maybe some things will never change.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Times by Phil Panebianco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A thousand words, RandomPoet Anonymous
- Mindfullness poem, Bernard Kennedy
- Beautiful Days, Elia Michael
- Art, RandomPoet Anonymous
- My Heart Is A Sad Ballerina, Olimpia Sarb
- Electricity Flows, Naveed Akram
- Love is (2), Cynthia McCoy
- Love Is, Cynthia McCoy
- Unlearning, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Pohon Awan (Indonesian), Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo