Times are different and things are changing.
But maybe it's just the people.
The people around you that said they would never change, nevr go away.
They said they would always be on your side, always care.
Yet you find yourself alone, with no where to turn.
Left on your own, with no helping hand reaching out to you.
Left hanging on to whatever shred of dignity you have left.
Yet you still have to explain yourself to everyone.
Because they still love to criticize your ways.
It's like some cheap thrill.
Maybe some things will never change.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Times by Phil Panebianco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- Remembering Her Worth, F. J. Thomas
- Tunnels, Mark Arvizu
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote