RIC S. BASTASA
To a poet
how can you mistake a plane for a bird?
a mote for a fly?
a tattoo for an eagle?
a leaf for a
lament for a romance?
reality for an illusion?
how did you heal a wound?
through a balm of mere words?
a promise of after life?
how can you be so kind
in the midst
of a war?
how did you put order in the chaos
of your room?
in the randomness of this universe
how were you able to
build an edifice for
how can you love
someone who does not love you?
care for one
who does nothing but harm you?
love and still love
penetrating pain of indifference?
how can you make such a beautiful poem
in the middle of your pain?
how can you have faith
in the falling dominoes of doubts?
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To a poet by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My Mocking Jay, Aaron Waingrow
- The honey dripping leaves, Emmanuel George Cefai