To an angry sister
Sister, my sister
Why is it that you speak so loud?
Is it your way to be noticed?
Or your way to make yourself count?
Tell me sister, who will listen?
Who will see?
The words coming out of your mouth
are only those of hatred and bitterness
turning the beautiful sight of you into an ugly one
Why my sister
Is it that you don’t care?
Is it your arrogance
That you appearently seem to think is fine?
Is it your ignorance
Which is obvious when you say those stupid things
Or is it just you being self-centered
Thinking that’s what the worlds looking for?
No, my lovely sister
Is that really all there’s to know about you?
Is that all you have to give?
I know better
You know better and guess what
The world knows better
So lift yourself up sister
And finally be proud of the queen you truely are!
(Amsterdam,26 august 2007)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To an angry sister by Sranang Bromki )
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)