To an angry sister
Sister, my sister
Why is it that you speak so loud?
Is it your way to be noticed?
Or your way to make yourself count?
Tell me sister, who will listen?
Who will see?
The words coming out of your mouth
are only those of hatred and bitterness
turning the beautiful sight of you into an ugly one
Why my sister
Is it that you don’t care?
Is it your arrogance
That you appearently seem to think is fine?
Is it your ignorance
Which is obvious when you say those stupid things
Or is it just you being self-centered
Thinking that’s what the worlds looking for?
No, my lovely sister
Is that really all there’s to know about you?
Is that all you have to give?
I know better
You know better and guess what
The world knows better
So lift yourself up sister
And finally be proud of the queen you truely are!
(Amsterdam,26 august 2007)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To an angry sister by Sranang Bromki )
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)