To My Wife
Who was I until you
a dreamer of dreams askew
in your touch I was found
where dreams undreamed abound.
You woke me to a day anew
wrapped in your arms I found love true
the whisper of your love sincere
my life's most treasured souvenir.
The treasures that I never sought
more cherished than I ever thought
the smiles on our children's faces
magnum opuses from loves embraces.
My dearest wife, who am I with you
a dreamer of dreams that all came true.
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To My Wife by Joey Jones )
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart
- ages, Howard MacDougall
- Wellness doubt, Antonio Liao
- The Circle, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath