To My Wife
Who was I until you
a dreamer of dreams askew
in your touch I was found
where dreams undreamed abound.
You woke me to a day anew
wrapped in your arms I found love true
the whisper of your love sincere
my life's most treasured souvenir.
The treasures that I never sought
more cherished than I ever thought
the smiles on our children's faces
magnum opuses from loves embraces.
My dearest wife, who am I with you
a dreamer of dreams that all came true.
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To My Wife by Joey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer