Felicia Dorothea Hemans
To One Of The Author's Children
On His Birthday, 27 August, 1825.
THOU wak'st from happy sleep to play
With bounding heart, my boy!
Before thee lies a long bright day
Of summer and of joy.
Thou hast no heavy thought or dream
To cloud thy fearless eye;?
Long be it thus?life's early stream
Should still reflect the sky.
Yet ere the cares of life lie dim
On thy young spirit's wings,
Now in thy morn forget not Him
From whom each pure thought springs!
So in the onward vale of tears,
Where'er thy path may be,
When strength hath bowed to evil years?
He will remember thee.
Felicia Dorothea Hemans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To One Of The Author's Children by Felicia Dorothea Hemans )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry
- Rosy flower, hasmukh amathalal
- Ideas, gajanan mishra
- Clad in Stars, Steven Rhoads