(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
To Those Of You That Do...
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect and guide
their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach their children
the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are lodged in the
birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Those Of You That Do... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(31 March 1933 - 13 December 1980)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Out Of The Dark, Michael P. McParland
- The war inside me, Lubinda Lubinda
- Our Night 2, Michael P. McParland
- Our Night, Michael P. McParland
- OSU Force, Michael P. McParland
- Imagine, The Astronomer
- Only You, Michael P. McParland
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland
- One More Chance, Michael P. McParland
- One In A Million, Michael P. McParland